15 Mar 2009

honey joys

UPDATE: version 2 June 24 2009
with photo instructions

Continuation from my energetic day...

Recently my younger sister asked my mum to buy the largest box of cornflakes to get the free item inside. The only problem is she doesn't eat cornflakes with milk.

So I decided to make her honey joys since she LOVES eating them so much and since I had nothing to do while waiting for my cookie dough to cool.



***
honey joys

extracted from kellogg's australia found here
later edited by me


ingredients:
makes 24 mini sized honey joys
I made 12 large sized honey joys XD
  • 90 grams margarine
  • 1/3 cup sugar (minus 1 1/2 Tb - optional)
  • 2 Tb honey
  • 4 cups cornflakes
  • 1 cup wholegrain cornflakes
    (optional, as I wanted to finish the old packet)
  • 1/3 shredded coconut (optional)

oven:
150 degrees Celsius
fan forced

method:

  1. Line a tray with patty/muffin cases.
  2. Melt margarine, sugar and honey on low heat until frothy, stirring occasionally.
  3. Put cornflakes and coconut into a mixing bowl.
  4. Drizzle melted mixture onto the dry ingredients. Mix well until combined.
  5. Spoon cornflake mixture into muffin cases.
  6. Top with extra coconut/ sesame seeds/ crushed peanuts if desired. (optional)
  7. Bake for 10 minutes.

***

This recipe can be prepared within 20 minutes (including baking time) so it is ideal for a quick snack. However it has a high sugar and fat content so I wouldn't be eating them a lot...

You can also add a variety of things in it for extra flavour.
For example: shredded coconut, sesame seeds, crushed peanuts etc.