9 Dec 2009

blueberry compote

Lately I have been busy...cooking and trying new recipes as well as doing household work around the house. Who knew the stovetop could be so dirty after one week's use and how much dust the television tops catch. Over the past two weeks, cooking and baking has been my first priority so I've been practically going through cook books and in the kitchen and I've been moving around my yahoo.jp kitchen, cookpad kitchen, tsunagaaru and of course, this very blog.

Many parents say that cooking 3 meals is a chore, but I find it quite fun and addictive, right now anyway. I don't think it will become a chore for me at this rate XD

This recipe is based on a blueberry jam/sauce kinda thing but turned out to be a compote instead. It's great with creamy vanilla yogurt and on top of pancakes :) Simple, fast and easy!

***
blueberry compote

ingredients:
serves 2
  • 100 grams frozen blueberries
  • 2 tsp sugar
  • 1 tsp lemon juice
  • rind of 1 orange
method:
1. Place all the ingredients into a small pot.

2. On a low heat, stir constantly for 8-10 minutes.

3. When all the blueberries are soft and mushy, the compote is ready. Cool and refrigerate for later use.
Note: Mix half of the compote with vanilla yogurt and it will become blueberry flavoured yogurt. Freeze the yogurt for a delicious treat :) Great for the upcoming summer heat waves.