10 Apr 2012

old soul
























A seemingly cold morning. Frying a batch of lemon and poppy seed pancakes* whilst running to the record player to press the play button only to dash back to the stove to flip the pancakes.   

Much to my sister's dismay, Michael Bolton's "The Hunger" (both sides), was on constant repeat for half the day. And what I thought was a record from Laura Branigan, turned out to be 60s mix of American love songs which I thought sounded strangely familiar. Judging by the ripped plastic sleeve, I most likely man-handled the record in my childhood.

Seeded out the box of full of records ranging from the 60s to the 80s. Putting several back into their sleeves before dusting some off to listen to. It's amazing how small and how many songs a CD can fit compared to a record. But I think it's pretty neat how records are flipped for a different set of songs. 

*Use your regular pancake recipe. Mix in rind of and juice (top up with milk and stir) of one small lemon and 1 tsp of poppy seeds. For syrup, simmer 1 Tb of honey and caster sugar with juice of one small lemon until sugar melts and is thickened.